Contact Us to find out whether there is a Big Brake Upgrade solution for your vehicle.
- R-Line 320x33mm race discs are designed specifically for FIA T1-class race use.
- Designed for use with our (air-cooled) or (liquid-cooled) R-Line race calipers.
- Cast from a proprietary cast iron alloy delivering exceptional disc life at high operating temps.
- R-Line discs feature 68 x directional cooling vanes.
- Air gap is 21mm wide to maximise cooling vane surface area.
- Disc plate walls are 6mm thick which contributes to disc durability.
- Mounting flanges are 8mm thick and designed to accept 12 x drive bobbins.
- Air inlet geometry at the disc ID is optimised for correct air-flow.
- R-Line discs feature our proprietary black surface coating.
- R-Line discs feature Max Temp Recording (MTR) system that provides a permanent record of the peak operating temps reached by the disc.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why should you choose Powerbrake R-Line off road race discs?
Powerbrake 320x33mm R-Line off road race discs were specifically developed for FIA T1 Class 4x4 race cars, running 16” wheels. They are designed to be run in conjunction with our R-Line race calipers (standard or liquid-cooled versions). Every aspect of the disc has been specifically optimised for off road racing. The disc features 68 x directional cooling vanes, which is to the best of our knowledge the highest cooling-vane count currently available on the world market in a 320mm off road race disc.
Cooling vane design and air inlets were all designed to optimise disc cooling. The disc plate wall design delivers the optimum balance between air gap thickness (which influence disc cooling) and plate wall thickness (which influences the durability and service life of the disc). The discs feature 8mm thick mounting flanges with 12 x mounting slots that are designed to accept our disc drive bobbins / hardware in either semi-float or full-float configurations.
Can Powerbrake supply complete disc assemblies including disc hats and drive bobbins?
Yes, this a service that we offer to many of our off road race customers and vehicle builders. We are happy to quote on machining disc hats to customer drawings / specifications. In this case the disc hats are machined in our factory and mounted to our R-Line race discs (using disc drive hardware manufactured in-house by us). Complete disc assemblies are then delivered to the customer in either semi-float or full-float configurations. Of course spare disc friction rings and disc drive hardware can be supplied separately.
What material are Powerbrake R-Line off road race discs manufactured from?
Powerbrake R-Line off road race discs are cast from a proprietary high-carbon cast iron alloy. The alloying elements in this specific material have been carefully selected to enhance disc service life and durability at high operating temperatures. The disc castings are all heat treated prior to final machining in order to deliver the most stable race disc possible.
What is the radial pad track dimension of the Powerbrake R-Line off road race disc?
The maximum radial pad track dimension is 48mm for our 320x33mm R-Line off road race discs. This is well suited to the race pad profile used in both our standard (R6IS) and liquid-cooled (R6ISW) R-Line off road race calipers.